Expert Orthodontists In The Corpus Christi, TX Area
At Star Orthodontics we are committed to providing our patients with the best orthodontic care available. Our team of four orthodontists are here to provide specialized treatment to children, teens and adults in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and the surrounding area. Each orthodontist has received years of advanced training in the field and are able to provide patients with the most advanced braces options available, including: modern metal braces, clear braces, gold braces and Invisalign®. To learn more about our doctors click on their pictures below!
Owner of Star Orthodontics
|Click on each photo to read the Doctor's Bio |
Schedule An Appointment To Meet With One Of Our Orthodontists
Our office is located in Corpus Christi, TX and we provide orthodontic services to patients of all ages in the surrounding areas. Please contact us at our office to schedule your next or first appointment with us. One of our team members will work with you to schedule an appointment that fits best with your schedule.
We look forward to welcoming you to our office soon!
Roxanne Robertson, D.D.S., M.S.
Dr. Robertson has over 30 years of experience in the dentistry field and has provided orthodontic treatment to over 20,000 patients in Corpus Christi and the surrounding area.
She began practicing orthodontics in Corpus Christi in 1996 and founded Star Orthodontics in 2000. She is dedicated to providing patients with the best orthodontic treatment possible. Her team is highly skilled and trained on the latest industry techniques, procedures, and equipment.
Dr. Robertson was born and raised in Three Rivers, Texas and has made Corpus Christi her home for over 20 years. She loves living on the Texas coast and enjoys boating and fishing with her family. Dr. Robertson loves the people of South Texas and is proud to serve Corpus Christi and the surrounding communities. She truly desires to provide the best orthodontic care to all patients. Since founding Star Orthodontics in 2000, Dr. Robertson remains the sole owner of the single practice business. Everything about the practice.... from the hours we're open, to the office decor & amenities offered, to the technology in our office.... was designed with the patient in mind to ensure an excellent experience. There's only one Star Orthodontics providing "Star Treatment, Star Results" to the patients of South Texas!
Honors and Awards
- AAO Board Eligible Status
- Tebo Scholarship Award: UTHSC at Houston
- Valedictorian of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School: Accumulative GPA 4.0
- Summa Cum Laude
- Alpha Omega Fraternity Award
- American Association of Orthodontics Undergraduate Achievement Award
- Armand J. Guarino Award for Excellence in Biomedical Sciences
- Kenneth D. Rudd Award for Clinical Excellence
- Xi Psi Phi Fraternity Award
- UTHSCSA Award for Excellence in Clinical Dentistry
- Elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Dean's List: 1991-1994
- Outstanding Achievement on the National Boards Part II
- Elected Seniors Honor's Bay
- The Dr. Williams S. Kramer Award of Excellence
- Outstanding Achievement on the National Boards Part I
- Scholarship in Basic Science Award
- Master Thesis: A Cephalometric Comparison of Two Arch Leveling Mechanics on Adults
Troy Jolley, D.D.S, M.S.D
Dr. Jolley joined Star Orthodontics in 2000 and has over 30 years of experience in orthodontics. Prior to joining Star Orthodontics, Dr. Jolley owned private orthodontic practices in Marshall, Texas and Paris, Texas. He has dedicated his career to providing excellent orthodontic care to children and adults.
- Certificate in Orthodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas
- Master of Science in Dentistry, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas
- Bachelor of Sciences (with honors), Stephen F. Austin University, Nacogdoches, Texas
Licenses and Certifications
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
Memberships and Positions
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Nueces Valley District Dental Society
- Former Secretary – Texas Third District Dental Society
Honors and Awards
- The Odontological Honor Society, Baylor College of Dentistry
- The American Academy of Dental Radiology Award for High Achievement in dental undergraduate curriculum
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- Paul Harris Fellow – Rotary International
Colin Mihalik, D.D.S, M.S.
Dr. Mihalik joined Star Orthodontics in October 2013. He has been practicing dentistry since 1994 and orthodontics since 2002 with the United States Air Force. In 2014, he retired from the military after 24 years of service. Prior to his retirement from the military, Dr. Mihalik served as a clinical instructor at the Tri-service (Air Force, Army and Navy) Orthodontic Residency in San Antonio. He has been assigned to seven Air Force bases including, Ramstein Air Base, Germany and Wilford Hall on Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
Dr. Mihalik grew up most of his younger years in Denver Colorado. He attended Creighton University on an ROTC scholarship and was commissioned in the US Army in 1986. Following 4-years of active duty as an Ordnance Officer, Dr. Mihalik was accepted into dental school at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and earned his doctorate degree in dentistry in 1994. After completing a 1-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency (AEGD Residency) in Tucson AZ, Dr. Mihalik served as a general dentist for 5 years until 1999. After being accepted into a 3-year orthodontic residency at the University of North Carolina, Dr. Mihalik earned a Masters degree in Orthodontics in 2002.
Dr. Mihalik and his wife have been married since 1990 and have one daughter who attends Texas A&M in College Station. He enjoys water and snow skiing, boating, and is an exotic car enthusiast.
- Certificate in orthodontics and a Masters degree in Orthodontics, 3-year orthodontic residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
- One-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) Residency program at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson AZ
- Doctor of Dental Surgery UTHSCSA of San Antonio, TX
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE. B.S. in Mathematics
Honors and Awards
- Long-term follow-up of Class II adults treated with orthodontic camouflage: A comparison with orthognathic surgery outcomes. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. March 2003 . Volume 123 . Number 3 . p266 to p278
- Colin A. Mihalik, DDS, MS, William R. Proffit, DDS, PhD, Ceib Phillips, PhD
Academic and Professional
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Senior Year Clinical Honors Bay program selectee
- Inducted into Dental Honor Society - Omicron Kappa Upsilon.
- Scholarship in Basic Science Award
- Achievement on the National Boards Part I and Part II Award
- Dean's list 3 years
- First Place Table Clinic at the Southwest Regional Student Research Meeting in 1994
- First place in the Dental Students Category for Table Clinics at the Texas Dental Association Meeting in 1994
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists Pre-doctoral Achievement Award
- Achievement Award from the American Equilibration Society
Stephen Ramsay, D.D.S., M.S.
Dr. Ramsay owns his own private orthodontic practice in Austin, TX and sees patients at Star Orthodontics on Fridays and Saturdays. He and Dr. Robertson attended dental school together at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Ramsay was born in Austin. He grew up in a military family and lived all over the country, including Michigan, Mississippi and Delaware - and even overseas in England. For his undergraduate studies, he attended the University of Texas at San Antonio. Dr. Ramsay was accepted into dental school at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and earned his doctorate degree in dentistry in 1994. After working briefly as a general dentist in San Antonio, Dr. Ramsay' s studies then led him to The UT Health Science Center in Houston, where he earned a master's degree in orthodontics in 1998.
Dr. Ramsay has been practicing orthodontics in Austin since 1998. He assumed the practice from Dr. John R. Coats, a well-known and respected orthodontist in Austin since 1968. Dr. Ramsay and his wife have been married since Dr. Ramsay began dental school in 1990, and they have two children: a daughter and a son. He enjoys spending time with his family and is co-leader of his son's Cub Scout den. Dr. Ramsay also enjoys traveling, camping, hunting and hiking.